Classic Gym Myths
1) Running is bad for your knees!
Your genes determine whether or not you’ll get arthritis. Old runners seem to have knees as healthy as those who don’t. The person who is active and fit and moving around is doing the most active defence against arthritis. There's a happy medium between whether you run smart, slowly building up your endurance, and stay active, and if you put extra force on your knees. So no excuses from tomorrow, guys! Your fitness club in Gurgaon awaits!
2) Crunches give you a flat belly!
Extra crunches don’t lead to tight abs. The truth is that everyone has ab muscles. They just stay hidden underneath a thick layer of fat on the stomach. If you want a toned look, you need to focus on burning the layer of fat that may be covering your belly. The key is to not obsess about crunches, but focus on burning fat.
3) More sweat = more burnt calories!
Sweating is not necessarily an indicator of exertion; it’s just your body’s way of cooling itself. It's possible to burn a significant number of calories without breaking a sweat. Try taking a walk or doing some light weight training.
4) Starve yourself to lose fat:
It isn’t the best idea to suddenly cut off your body’s food intake! The human body is resilient, but to gradual changes. Even if you do lose some weight off your overly-intense dieting, it’ll come back as soon as you stop. What’s worse, your body will condition itself to the low food supply, and will train to store nutrients (including fatty acids) even from that amount. You can’t starve yourself forever, so… Yeah. Exactly... get your ass to the gym. One of the most reputed Gyms in Gurgaon, The Gym Club can help you get rid of these, and more myths that you might have in your mind.
We know that beginning a fitness regime can be a bit intimidating. So we’ve put together a list of tips to help new gymmers out!
• Ask for help: Gyms have a huge variety of equipment, and their purpose and working may not be too obvious. So, always ask a trainer for help and about what precautions to take! Trainers at this fitness centre will always be eager to help!
• Be Confident! : NEVER feel that you shouldn't be in the weights area if you are working on a program or feel intimidated by anyone in the gym, you have every right to be there as much as any one else.
• Get comfy: Attend the group classes that The Gym Club offers, they are free and will make you feel more comfortable in the gym and it’ll help you interact with others at the gym. Most gyms in Gurgaon (Delhi/NCR) offer various group classes.
• Respect your limits: Don't start weights too heavy, if you haven't done weights before start light so you and your muscles get used to lifting weights, there will be less chance of injury and it will make you feel comfortable with the weights you are using. The same goes for any exercise actually. Start slow and slowly intensify as your stamina increases.
• Make sure you have plan: set your goals and work towards achieving them. Stick to your schedule and make no excuses. Our gym provides every member with a customized workout schedule, which guides you through your time at the gym. The Gym Club can help you prepare an appropriate plan!
• Be hygienic: Being hygienic is a huge part of staying healthy. Always carry your own towel and water bottle with you. Wipe your sweat off machines if you’ve dripped any onto it; no one should have to work on sweat-lathered machines. Use a deo to make sure you’re not offending anyone’s nose out there!
• Don’t Forget About Nutrition! : It’s 90% of the puzzle. Sure, work your butt off, but do make sure you’re eating right to maximize results. The expert trainers at our fitness club can help plan out a nutrition chart for you.
This should set you off nicely!